Hemathix Blood Analyzer SCV-300
Blood viscosity is a direct measure of the ability of the blood to flow. It’s a basic biomarker for circulatory health.
Hemathix Blood Analyzer SCV-300 is a computerized scanning capillary viscometer that measures both the thickness and stickiness of blood — the only blood viscometer able to provide a comprehensive viscosity profile from a blood sample in less than 4 minutes.
- Assay utilizes time-of-flow in calibrated tubes
- Flow in U-shaped disposable is gravity-driven
- Both systolic and diastolic viscosity measured
- Equilibration of fluid height produces unique comprehensive measure of viscosity for maximum clinical utility.
- Single-use capillary disposable tube designed to prevent contact with blood specimen
Why Test Blood Viscosity?
Viscosity is a basic, often overlooked biomarker for circulatory health. Blood viscosity is a direct measure of the ability of the blood to flow and is easily modifiable using existing therapies. Viscosity determines:
- Shear stress. How much friction the blood causes against the vessels.
- Work of the heart. How hard the heart has to work to pump blood.
- Perfusion. How much oxygen is delivered to organs and tissues.
Capillary Tube Designed for Precision
- Single-use capillary disposable tube
- Designed to prevent contact with blood specimen
- Calibrated capillary ensures accuracy
Hyperviscosity syndrome is a condition where blood is unable to flow freely through the circulatory system, thus decreasing the level of oxygen organs and tissues receive.
Hyperviscosity syndromes are a well-established class of conditions that can arise in a variety of disease states, including among others polycythemia vera, dysproteinemias, multiple myeloma, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, and sepsis.
Hyperviscosity includes syndromes of serum hyperviscosity where patients may hemorrhage or experience neurologic or ocular disorders; syndromes of polycythemic hyperviscosity that result in reduced blood flow or capillary perfusion and increased organ congestion; and, syndromes of hyperviscosity caused by reduced deformability of red blood cells as in sickle cell anemia.
Kwaan HC, Bongu A. The hyperviscosity syndromes. Semin Thromb Hemost 1999; 25:199-208.
Hemathix Blood Analyzer SCV-300: Rapid and Accurate.
Hemathix Blood Analyzer SCV-300 is a computerized scanning capillary viscometer that delivers rapid and accurate measurements of both the thickness and stickiness of blood. It is FDA-cleared as a Class I viscometer and independently validated by the leading experts in the hemodynamics field.
Hemathix is the only blood viscometer able to provide a comprehensive viscosity profile from a blood sample in less than 4 minutes.
The Hemathix Blood Analyzer is a calibrated glass capillary system used to monitor changes in the amount of solids present in blood plasma in various disorders.
How the Hemathix Works
Test requirements: 4 mL of blood in lavender tube (EDTA), ambient stability 8 hours, refrigerated stability 4 days, frozen specimens unacceptable.